amd 3800 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah apok i typed it how i wanted to. The only option for running dual video cards with a phenom is crossfire, because there are no sli boards. So amd is forcing people to use their inferior video cards if you want a phenom build.

no... you can still use an AM2 board and a lot of em support SLi.... so in no way are they forcing you...
but it won't give u as much overclocking headroom.. because of the lower HyperTransport Speed... because you can still use an.. um.. eVGA 590 (my favorite AMD Board.. which supports SLi) with a Phenom.. um.. I'll use the Phenom 9700 for my hypothetical example...

Ah, i was thinking that the phenoms would only work on am2+ boards which only support crossfire. My bad.

but in a way your right.. if you want SLi.. and your a person like Nosboost that wants a heavy heavy overclock.. he's gonna have to use the ATi cards because he wants the best overclock as possible... and he loves Crossfiring and SLi'ing cards... but if he favors SLi more than Crossfire.. he's gonna live with a board that doesn't overclock as well..

but in a way your right.. if you want SLi.. and your a person like Nosboost that wants a heavy heavy overclock.. he's gonna have to use the ATi cards because he wants the best overclock as possible... and he loves Crossfiring and SLi'ing cards... but if he favors SLi more than Crossfire.. he's gonna live with a board that doesn't overclock as well..

that is y im sticking with AMD n ATI, for another reason that there is no current mobo that supports AM2+ n SLI. So im stuck with AMD ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom