AM2 Mobos / Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyopicRequiem

Baseband Member
I'm hoping some of you can help me make a choice, everything is still kind of new but from the looks of it there aren't many choices in AM2 Mobos right now & most the ones that have been reviewed are asus with memory issues. I'm having a hard time selecting which mobo to go with & having a harder time deciding on memory to go with... I want to make sure I have a fairly easy install & the memory likes the mobo... there are a lot of asus boards out there but I'm timid of them... Any reccommendations?

I am not very up to date with the new AM2 processors by AMD but if there are DFI mobos for the new socket get a DFI from what iv heard from my friends using DFI with socket 939 DFI mobos are excellent.

DFI mobo maxes at 4gbs memory & doesn't support ddr800 ram...

I'm looking for something that's going to last a little longer... Since there really isn't any reviews or much known about the abilities of current am2 mobos I'm hoping someone here can help out... from the sounds of it none of the mobos really stand out for am2 & the ones that are somewhat favored right now have issues with certain brands of ram so I'm hoping I can get a little help without having to RMA anything.........

Anyone?

When i was picking out my fantasy AM2 build, i liked, no, loved this mobo. 2x PCI-E x16, 6x SATA 3.0GB/s, 8GB max RAM supported. :eek:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130049

I was also considering 2GB RAM (2x1GB), and found this RAM to be fitting. (Though, yes, on the expensive side.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227085

And hearing no bad words ever uttered about either MSI or OCZ, i think it's safe to say you'll be set with them. I have a bias towards MSI anyway. I had an Abit (yeah yeah, i know) board crap out on me, so i got an MSI K8N Neo (i think that's what it was...it's my mother's computer) and i haven't had a single problem, looks great, and from what i know OC's decently. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom