AM2 is almost here(prices!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i saw that, got to be pretty nuts!
I dont know what the prices are going to be like in the USA/Canada but theyll probarbly be very close to s939 prices :O

Chris_PC said:
Do you think this means that socket 939 will soon be "history"?

yes, AMD has released that they will stop producing s939 mobos and CPUs at the end of 2006, and s754 will die out at the end of 2007.

Whoop dee doo. All hail this attempt by AMD to make themselves look better in the eyes of the average consumer. I'm impressed by the Power Consumption, but thats about all the impresses me over the S939 ones.

As for overclocking, nobody at XS has been bothering to try to obtain samples, and nobody at AMD is bothering to send any over. They're all too busy drooling over the glory that is Conroe.

Re: Re: AM2 is almost here(prices!)

MrZucchiniHead said:
yes, AMD has released that they will stop producing s939 mobos and CPUs at the end of 2006, and s754 will die out at the end of 2007.

what? this soon after i bought my s939, ahh well i guess these things happen. I dont see that much of a majour advantage over socket939s TBH

There may not be any performance advantage at all in the end. The only advantage I see is in future processors. Its not even an advantage, its just something that happens to be on AM2, though it would've worked with S939. Anyways, there might be Quad-Core processors on AM2. They won't release them for S939, so thats out.

If only the performance increase was that from S754 to S939, where Dual-Channel RAM actually made a difference.

Yea, I do agree that AM2 doesn't have much better things the s939. I just want to have the upgradability and I don't want to wait 2-3 months for Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom