AM2 6000+ Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Price is for dirt on newegg! $169!! Blew my 4200+ right out of the water. Runs a little hot 53 C but I only use a Thermalite Passive heatsink (no cpu fan at all). I'll be installing the stock heatsink/fan tonight and hopefully that will drop the core temp a bit. I will 3DMark06 this system later tonight with my new EVGA 8800gts 320 installed. Not a performance monster like the E6750 but it was cheap and is very impressive. I keep hoping AMD will get back in the game!!!!

Price is for dirt on newegg! $169!! Blew my 4200+ right out of the water. Runs a little hot 53 C but I only use a Thermalite Passive heatsink (no cpu fan at all). I'll be installing the stock heatsink/fan tonight and hopefully that will drop the core temp a bit. I will 3DMark06 this system later tonight with my new EVGA 8800gts 320 installed. Not a performance monster like the E6750 but it was cheap and is very impressive. I keep hoping AMD will get back in the game!!!!

ya even if u watercool it, its not gonna overclock even 500mhz, but try and see what u get

how do you watercool and is it worth it?
and how far would i be able to get my opteron watercooled

You get a bucket of water and ice and submerge the cpu and motherboard, lol.

Watercooling kits are pretty expensive, much more pricey than air cooling, and you have to taylor it to you pc and case. The good thing is its much better than air cooling, but the main drawback is the price. You might be able to get that opty over 3ghz on water.

well so far i have my opty at 2.6 without raising the volt. I ran otthose for about 8 hours and it posted no errors.
I havent noticed much diff from stock speeds, So i guess im not gonna bother with water cooling.
Im planning on building anoter pc, or wait till the 9 series card come out.
I pretty much want a quad processor and a gfx card that will run the new games taht are coming on on max graphics with no lag at all.
(crysis,COD4,nfs,madden,fifa,half life2,etc).

You can either buy a complete watercoling kit, or you can buy all the separate parts and DIY

Is it worth it?
well, that depends.
Watercooling usually costs a significant amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom