Am I permanently screwed? or temporarily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
So I just noticed that my psu has a 20 pin power connector, and it needs a 24 pin connected, So I guess I am saved there as I can used an adapter.
Newegg.com - Link Depot Power Adapter Cable Model POW-ADT-2024 - Cables

But the thing is, I got a 600 power watts psu, and just curious to know if I use an adapter, if that will decrease or somewhat lower the wattage? or the overall performance?

Also, I know they are just cables, so should I still be aware of the brand? I will be buying this in mexico probably.
(compustar) I think that exists in USA too.

the 20 pin connector is part of it, there should be a 4pin that connects to the 20 to make it a 24. they should attach together.

It shouldn't reduce the voltage, those adapters are designed to give the same voltage to the motherboard. Not sure of what you should get for cables brand-wise.

the 20 pin connector is part of it, there should be a 4pin that connects to the 20 to make it a 24. they should attach together.

exactly what he said. That zalman as all new psu's have a 20+4 pin connector. There should be a small 4 pin connected to the PSU.

ShowImage.aspx

Sora THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NOTICING THAT, and looking at my sig!

lol dang i feel truly stupid. The =4 pin was like 1 inch away from the 20 pin.....(connnected to the same cable.)

haha you people can probably tell this is my first build just by hearing my stupid questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom