HDD: Seagate 200gb SATA>>>>$149
DVD: Pioneer DVD-RW>>>>>>>$77
Moniter: CMV 19" LCD 8ms>>>>$429
Speakers: Alink 4.1 1800W>>>>$44
PSU: Enermax 535W SLI ready>$115
FDD: Panasonic Floppy Drive>>>$15
Keyboard and Mouse>>>>.>>>>$33
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TOTAL:$2330

Note: These are Australian prices so if you want US prices just multiply the price by 0.75 and that should give you the aproximate US price.

I want to know if this computer is overpriced or overdoing a bit too much in some places, if so please let me know.

Im kindof on a budget since i work part-time and have to get the money before i can get the computer so please try to keep the total price under $2500 (around US$1900)

P.S. since im in australia i cant buy things from newegg but you can provide links to show me pictures

yeh i no wat overclocking is, thats why im getting a DFI board. which CPU should i get then?

I would take a 3500+ Venice and spend more money on a better graphic card, like a 7800 gt / gtx.

ok 3700 for sure like PZEROFGH said san diego core. Um im at school on one of there getto locked out pcs but i think the prices are still high. Ok just got calc and 534x.75 is 400 bucks us. Ive seen a leadtek 6800gt on newegg for 288 plus 20 buck mir. Basically 268. So idk. Dfi mobo is still like i guess 40 bucks higher than newegg prices. Well its australia so idk man. Ill leave prices up to people who know if there good but in terms of that system i could build it newegg for like 1750 maybe more but saving myself atleast 500 bucks. W/e man good sys but go for a 7800gtx and a 3700 sandiego core.

Thanx for the replies guys. I've already bought the Mobo, Floppy and PSU from a shop so i cant really go back on those.

I want to stick with the 6800GT coz ill buy another one to put in SLI shortly after i finish building the computer and id rather save myself the extra few hundred bucks from getting 2 6800s and use it to buy a sound card and some games.

BTW, som1 asked what this computer is for, obviously its for sum serious word processing and internet surfing!! Na Jokes:p its for some good fashioned gaming

no thats far from overdoing it. overdoing it is like 2x7800gt 2gigs of ram 2terribites of storage amd x2 4800, turbo cool 850. beleive to overkill it would be about 3500$ pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom