Alrighty, Need a Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the most trouble screwing it into the backplate due to the extremely odd angle... had to do such small rotations.

The rubber fan holders also took me a while, but I didn't use a pliers... just fingers... and I was always worried they were about to rip.

Did you try screwing it on before or after putting on the fan because that makes a huge difference in the process (again, it is faster and easier to install the fan afterwards). It is a lot easier to throw away the useless wrench they give you and use a screw driver. When using pliers, do not pull as they can rip. Just use a simple twist, and it will pull them cleanly through the fan holes.

It was almost a year ago, and haven't taken it apart since then, so I don't remember the exact setup, but I know I put the whole thing together before screwing it in, and I distinctly remember the fan being the main thing in the way... so that was probably the problem.

And good to know about the twist method... will definitely pass that on to my friend.

Theotis build is great, but maybe a lower profile and some cheaper ram will bring the price down a bit. But he's right for what your friend needs he doesn't need to spend that much, but it's up to him, an i7 rig at least will last him.

I'd go with what Baron said. A lower profile card like a 4850 and some DDR3-1333. That way he'll have a nice upgrade path for the future. Maybe more HDD space as well. On the otherhand, with what he wants to do with it, it sounds like he'd be good to go with a $800 AMD rig w/ a 4850, more HDD space, and a dual monitor set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom