Almost Perfect Build - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
mgcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to mgcook
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

ah...well im not too familiar with the other C2D's. so pardon me lol.

*OT*
DawnofDoom..what part of NC are you from?
__________________

mgcook is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
DawnOfDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 998
Send a message via MSN to DawnOfDoom Send a message via Yahoo to DawnOfDoom
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

mgcook im from the eastern coast of NC im going to be moving to the forsythe county in about 4 years when i get out of school

also i see that alot of people are saying that Seagate HDDs are UBER quiet if this is true then im def. going with them cuz my WD that i have now is LOUD AS HECK when i start up and stays quite loud even in just idle so i think ima go with this Seagate for the new build never hurts to try new things eh?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
That was an epic forum speech, Doom is tech-forums very own Martin Luther King.
Don't Tell any one but I know who Crunch is...

I Do accept support requests via PM, MSN, and e-mail

If I have been helpful to you in any way please click the scale under my name
DawnOfDoom is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfDoom View Post

also i see that alot of people are saying that Seagate HDDs are UBER quiet if this is true then im def. going with them cuz my WD that i have now is LOUD AS HECK when i start up and stays quite loud even in just idle so i think ima go with this Seagate for the new build never hurts to try new things eh?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Plus, Seagate has a better warranty than WD.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gears of War King
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Under a rock...
Posts: 770
Send a message via AIM to MaV II DARK II
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcook View Post
ah...well im not too familiar with the other C2D's. so pardon me lol.

*OT*
DawnofDoom..what part of NC are you from?
iam from nc too

w00t

i live here...
MaV II DARK II is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfDoom View Post
mgcook im from the eastern coast of NC im going to be moving to the forsythe county in about 4 years when i get out of school

also i see that alot of people are saying that Seagate HDDs are UBER quiet if this is true then im def. going with them cuz my WD that i have now is LOUD AS HECK when i start up and stays quite loud even in just idle so i think ima go with this Seagate for the new build never hurts to try new things eh?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
yep... plus the .10's are a bit faster... and check out their specs especially write speed and such...

Vaanish used to recommend Samsung Drives for being faster and quieter.. for a bit pricier...

but usually we only recommend WD's are when people are on Raptor X's because of their fast 750gb which is almost as fast as the Raptor X (but its still 7200RPM)
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
DawnOfDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 998
Send a message via MSN to DawnOfDoom Send a message via Yahoo to DawnOfDoom
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV II DARK II View Post
iam from nc too

w00t

i live here...
*ot* mgcook what part are you from

Mav II what part are you from?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
That was an epic forum speech, Doom is tech-forums very own Martin Luther King.
Don't Tell any one but I know who Crunch is...

I Do accept support requests via PM, MSN, and e-mail

If I have been helpful to you in any way please click the scale under my name
DawnOfDoom is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Future ex-member
 
lancec2c30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chehalis, WA
Posts: 4,012
Send a message via MSN to lancec2c30
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Ya, the Seagates have 2 more years on the warranty then Western Digital.
__________________

XP Pro | Vista Home Premium | Linux Ubuntu 7.10
s939 X2 3800 Toledo @ 2.6ghz | evga 7900gs | 320gig + 80gig wd | 1gb Ram | Abit KN8 SLI
3.1ghz achieved. :cool:
70K F@H member..............still waiting for the "iRACK"

Norcent will not be forgotten.

lancec2c30 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 482
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

so the seagate drives are quieter and faster?
Prophet is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
so the seagate drives are quieter and faster?
Correct.
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 1,693
Send a message via MSN to Vaanish
Default Re: Almost Perfect Build

If you will be overclocking hardcore then get Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme and fit an Antec Tricool to it.
__________________

Vaanish is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Useful list of Linux websites. tribalsun Linux and Open Source 39 03-22-2015 04:54 AM
Domain Controller and SQL server Build abadjay New Systems | Building and Buying 2 10-05-2007 08:39 AM
Critique (and help with) My Build! aetherh4cker New Systems | Building and Buying 3 09-19-2007 03:34 PM
A newb story: Buying is done...time to build jfenwick New Systems | Building and Buying 83 08-17-2007 12:42 PM
how to build a pc rebell07 New Systems | Building and Buying 15 08-12-2007 07:53 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.