Almost order day.. is this ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
Hello all, Its almost order day and I wanted to finalize my build and get your thoughts on it. soo...here it is.

CPU: Q6600

MOBO:Biostar TP35D2-A7
This isn't the board that was recommended to me on the forums, but I could not find it on Tigerdirect. So if you ave other suggestions let me know.

VIDEO CARD: Diamond Radeon 4850

MEMORY: OCZ GOLD

I also couldn't find the memory prescribed on the forums on Tigerdirect so I found this is it ok?

Thats all i have for now. What kind of cooling will i need for the CPU? I haven't OC'ed before but I am thinking that I would like to on this one. Thanks so much guys.

I was in the same position as you last summer and gained a good deal of knowledge about overclocking in the process. Firstly the CPU is fine, it's a good one but make sure you buy G0 stepping (SLACKR?) as they have been proven to be better overclockers.
I'm not sure about the motherboard, the first review I found on it rated it as good but not superb:
Fudzilla - Biostar TP35D2-A7 reviewed
I personally own a GA-P35-DS3R, of which newer energy efficent designs are avilable. I will be replacing it soon though as I have a chance to sell it in Ireland for near the price of a new x48 (vs. P35) motherboard. Even so it is an extremely good board with great overclocking potential for Dual cores, and probably quads too so look at that board or a similar Gigabyte board as an alternative
The Video card is good
In terms of memory, try to stick to Crucial Ballistix or Geil RAM, they are the most overclock'able of the reasonable priced RAM (At least, so was the case last time I checked)
Hope this helps

PS:- Try the Tuniq Tower cooler, its been there a while but is still brilliant!

soo... I was trying to find a gigbyte mobo, but wher ei am ordering from (tigedirect) doesn't have one. soo..any other suggestions for mobos that i can get from Tigerdirect?

I will look into some crucial or ballistix ram.

Is this Ram ok ?

About that board, i don't want to sound cheap but I have a budget of $500. Is there any other board that i could get and it would still be good?
I mean, i will pay that much if I have to, but I would rather something cheaper that is almost as good.. if you know what I mean.

Would this board work ? ABIT IP35V

let me ask you why you want to buy from tigerdirect only? Their prices suck and apparently their inventory too. Shop at newegg and we can put together a nice $500 system

yea, I totally agree with you tigerdirect kind of sucks compared to newegg...
However, I have a $500 giftcard to tigeer direct.. soo i am trying to spend it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom