all these new video cards...which one to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Im building a system and i have been seeing all these posts about new video cards. Im looking to get the 8800GTX but will it be significantly outdated by Christmas? I dont want to make a mistake but I want my technology to last for awhile. Any suggestions on what to do? (and no im not getting SLI anything rite now)

isnt the geforce 9800 series coming out next month? Probably best to wait till mid november and see wheres its at. New intel chips coming out, new motherboard chipsets and both nvida and ATI are releasing their new cards. Will be a good month :)

No. The only thing coming out next month are the new ATI cards and the reworked 8800gts 640 and GT. I would hold off until the new cards launch and we get some REAL numbers from the new cards. Pretty much all of the new cards are die shrunk so they will require less power and put out less heat than current cards. If you really want to get the best card, pick up an ultra from microcenter while its still on sale.

no it's not a possibility. They aren't scheduled until next year

Do you have a source? Everything I've seen points to a November 2007 release. All of the info is a bit old by now, though. How do you know for sure when they're coming out? Can you link?

i doubt the 9 series will come out this year. its just not a good move for n vidia. early next year would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom