All-in-one Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Ok its my first post here in forums and there are many questions that riddles my mind here.

I would like to ask you of which processor and video card pair is best among here?:

AMD with ATI?
AMD with nviDia?
Intel with ATI?
Intel with Nvidia?

If any other info you want to tell me please kindly reply.

Im a gamer and I want a best PC and in a reasonable price of course since I'm not that rich. Now my 2nd question is like this.

This is my current PC specs:

Intel Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz LGA 775 FSB 533MHz
ASUS P5P800S
1x 512Mb 1x256Mb (768Mb total memory)
40GB Maxtor 5400RPM
Inno3d GeForce FX 5200 128Mb 128-bit

I bought this October last year because I want a gaming rig and budget really prevented me from getting high end. My prob with intel is that after few minutes my PC is kinda noisy and the heatsink of the fan itself generates noise. I also see in this forums that most of people here uses AMD processors and AMD runs quietly and I proven it. That's why I feel some regrets in buying Intel :( I chose Intel because it says that it is capable of multi-tasking and by the way what is multi-tasking? Is it the ability to run multiple programs at the same time? Am I right? AMD is built for gaming and it can do multi-tasking?

Im planning to resell my PC parts (mobo and processor) and switch to AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Socket 754 processor and board instead. Is this applicable? And will it cost me too much? Will my PC performance improve than my previous setup above? Its ok if I will add a little but I want something that is good for gaming at a reasonable price. By the way,. if ever, Im gonna buy a S754 board with AGP8x since my PS only have 20-pin connectors. PCI-E requires 24?

Sorry if my post is kinda jumbled up Im just confused. :p

Yeah you are all right there but I can't afford to have a PCI-E slot of a S939 board. Well sadly it means that Im gonna also replace my PS as well since it has only 20-pin connectors to the motherboard. And also I'm gonna have to buy a new PCI-E video card right? Gosh...This will not be an upgrade anymore :p

So these specs:

AMD Athlon 64 (don't know whats the lowest since Im most familiar with Intel :( ) Socket 939
An Socket 939 board with PCI-E

will improve the performance of my gaming than the setup above?

By the way, I can't find any DFI retailer here in the Philippines since I also like that DFI Lan Party Series. Among these motherboards, which do you think is good in gaming? ASUS, AOpen, Abit, MSI, ECS, Redfox?

And by the way, just want to know your opinion. should I wait till I get some money to buy a S939 processor and board and PS and PCI-E video card or stick with my preference which is to resell my motherboard and processor and buy a Socket 754 processor and board? This will cost me less since Im not gonna change my video card and PS anymore. Well I'm not into very extreme gaming which requires heavy duty cards and setups. So what do you think guys? I only play moderate games which requires average or medium high resources..

If ever I have this setup:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Socket 754 Motherboard
Inno3d FX 5200 128Mb 128bit AGP8X (upgrade in later months to a high end AGP8X)

will do me good? at least I could focus only to save money for a high end AGP8X card..?

IT'S REALLY HARD TO BE A POOR GUY :p

Hmmm ur quite right. But Im excited in having a gaming PC that's worth spending..:p So among those motherboards above which is good for gaming? well im not into overclocking..

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Socket 754 Motherboard
Inno3d FX 5200 128Mb 128bit AGP8X (upgrade in later months to a high end AGP8X)

With that set up the performance will not increase as much as you may like it to. The 5200 is a very week card.

You need to tell us what your budget is for us to guide you.

You don't have to get an expensive PSU, $50 will get you a Fortron, nothing fancy but will be reliable.

Alot of us are very poor, but we spend every spare bit of money we have on PC's.

You are spending more money on a high end processor, where the performance gain isn't really very high compared to a GPU.

Your best bet will be to save up and look into the new generation of hardware, or the previous hardware for dirt cheap.

those parts are not worth spending..........save ur money..........u said u regret buying the PC last october, if u rush, u'll regret this too........

OK to make things short.

Intel Pentium 4 2.66Ghz
ASUS P5P800S
Inno3d GeForce FX 5200 128 128bit

I have a budget of $200 in exact.. I want a AMD system which will replace the above setup. Since Im still a student thats why I have a very limited budget. If only Im already working :p I could get even the dual-core chip..:p

So how about this setup? This is the possible setup I can do

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4Ghz Socket 754
ASUS K8N Socket 754
GeForce 6600?

Above setup is my most possible setup I can do now. If I were to go for 939 wow maybe it will take me 4 years and I can't wait for that and maybe that time that is already out of production...:(

By the way, what is a dual-channel memory? If you see the review here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131548

it says that when you you use dual memory sticks 3200 it will not run at fast speeds? What does this mean.?

dual channel is the best! SAVE UR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you WILL, WILL!!!!!!! regret this decision as well...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom