Alienware vs Falcon Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya but no way is it possible for a 6000+ to oc to 3.7ghz. on air. its 90nm ontop of that.

lol you can say what you want, but I saw it with my own eyes. and while its not watercooled, it does have really good cooling, a lot better then mine. I can only O/C mine to 3.2 safely because my cooling isnt quite up to it, but i was there I watched him overclock it to 3.7 on an ASUS motherboard.

even if i doubt its stable, and the e6600 is still clock per clock faster. there is no way in **** he can complete a 3dmark 06 run. or even smp folding or prime 95.

I'll believe its possible for a 3.7ghz overclock but I would wonder how stable it is and how hot. Has your friend ran any stablity tests and monitor the temps? But if it does run good at those speeds it is probably one of the best 6000+ around. Just like I can run my 3800 with 1.2v at a lot higher speed than most other 3800's.

But on average a e6600 will overclock higher and is still a decent amount faster clock for clock. I would guess a 3.7ghz X2 would be equal to a ~3.0 ghz c2d (which is a easy overclock).

he ran 3dmark06 on it stock lol i dont think he did on it overclocked, he brought it back down. He said it was stable, and Hes got some computer technician certificates, not sure which ones, and is currently halfway to getting his bachelors in computers (specifically graphics and networking)

graphics and networking have nothing to do w/ overclocking.. and if its stable.. why bring it down from where it was at...

but anyway, this thread needs to be closed!

^^^^agreed on the thread needs to be closed comment.

if it was stable then why didnt he run 3dmark06?, if its stable there would have been no harm doing so. i can oc my q6600 to 4ghz on air, and it will load windows and i can do basic tasks, can i play games or run 3dmark06 no because it isnt stable, and i may not have a diploma but i did work as a technician for over a year last year, i had to stop due to a rugby injury and i was unable to walk for about 1 and a half months. so i kno what i am talking about, and there are plenty others who kno far more then i do, that have said teh same as i have, the e6600 out of the box is faster than the 6000+. and if you over clock them to the same speed the 6000+ will get destroyed, and yes the 6000+ is plenty powerfull enuf to do just about anything, just the e6600 will do it faster, i have yet to run my q6600 above 50% load meaning that ive only used one of the e6600's slaped onto my chip. 2xe6600=q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom