aiming to 3x eyefinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

chump

Baseband Member
So recently ive made a complete upgrade to my system and the last piece i've added was my new video card: a HD radeon 6870

Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

My original monitor is this: Newegg.com - Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built-in Speakers

and ive recently bought a second 22inch monitor from my friend which is : Amazon.com: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW 22-Inch LCD Monitor: Computer & Accessories

I want to end up with a 3 22inch monitor setup but here are my questions..
First I realize these two monitors arent the highest resolution out there which may be a reason to upgrade completely..also is it bad to have 3 different monitors? maybe I can just have my center one to be a better resolution one?

currently i am using one hdmi(vga) to dvi(monitor) wire and one dvi to dvi wire. Would another dvi to dvi work or do i need to use them mini ports?

and lastly any suggestions for a 22inch monitor? I dont want to spend too much tho :confused:

They can have different max resolutions and such, but they need to be able to run the same resolution/aspect ratio/orientation.

Other things to consider with eyefinity is making sure the the screens all look the somewhat the same, or it will drive you crazy - that's why it's best to get the same monitor all around. I'm talking brightness, colors, clearness, etc. Even slight differences will get annoying sometimes (based on what others have said). Another thing that I would think would be annoying is having large blocky edges that interrupt the flow from screen to screen; so it's best to find a monitor with very small edges.

I strongly recommend 3 identical monitors, but you can get by with 3 not-identical monitors as long as they are all the same resolution. Eyefinity requires that all monitors in a group be the same resolution. If one monitor is smaller than the others, the lowest resolution that all monitors support is used, causing a blurry picture (and possibly stretched depending on aspect ratio) on the larger resolution monitors. If the colors aren't the same it can be annoying as well. I have three Dell ST2210's for Eyefinity and one of them needed to be replaced. The replacement was from a different production run and was different enough to have a noticeable color difference. I tuned it out with the color settings on the monitor as best I could but even for 3 of the same model color can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom