AGP Video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Before anyone starts replying with, "you need PCI-E", bla blah blah...I am not planning on even going PCI-E until somewhere between first quarter-mid of next year where I will just build an entirely new rig anyway, for Windows VISTA and Direct X 10 cards, of course. What I am planning to do is going with either one of two video cards to last me until then.

My System Specs:

AMD 3500+
1 gig Kingston Hyper X
74 gig Raptor HD
200 gig SATA hd
x800 Pro
nforce 3 motherboard

I have come down between two video-cards, and my question isn't which one is neccesarily better; however, which one has a better performance/cost ratio.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130273

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102666

Which has a better performance/price ratio, and which is a better product as far as quality is concerned?

Your motherboard is weak ... not in the good way.

Anyway your only options are either the 7600 when "ported" to AGP, or the 7800GS.

haha, my motherboard is probably weak, when they are offering the exact same motherboard as mine for free with the purchase of the non superclocked version of the 7800 GS.

Ahh, f-in schweet!-**in a Carl-esque from Aqua-Teen tone**-I'm so buy that friggin' card!

Good look finding one ... they aren't on Newegg.com, and are really rare.

A standard 7800GS is still pretty nice though, just make sure your power supply can take it.

get the 6800gs.... its the same as a 7800gs on the AGP port.

Thats if u can unlock it to 16 pipes

The only difference when unlocked and overclocked would be the new shaders and stuff

I think there is a 8 fps average increase on games...

get the 6800gs.... its the same as a 7800gs on the AGP port.
Um, no. Wait? NO! The 6800GS cant touch a 7800GS at all. Look at the benchies man, try runing Oblivon at 1920x1200 on a 6800GS, yea you cant w/out sever lag or no go at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom