AGP GPU problems sovled!! Two new cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Two new AGP cards from XFX....first is the 7950GT with a whopping 24 pipelines, The most pipelines AGP has ever seen. You have probably already seen this one.
Newegg.com - XFX PVT71AYDF3 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

But how about the new 7900GS AGP with 20 pipelines-
Newegg.com - XFX PVT71KUDF3 GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

Of course these cards come out right after i upgrade to pci-e:)

Your thoughts?? I think the 7950GT is a little expensive for what it is, but the 7900GS has a price tag of only 209$....

Yea that 7950GT AGP is too much, because you can get an 8800GTS 320mb for that kind of price.

Shouldn't they stop making new AGP cards? With that money you can upgrade to a current motherboard that has PCI-e with a processor.

The X1950XT is A LOT more worth your money. They come in AGP and destroy the 7950GT. They can compete with an 8800GTX 320.

The X1950XT is A LOT more worth your money. They come in AGP and destroy the 7950GT. They can compete with an 8800GTX 320.

I agree with you sora about the x1950xt.....but im hardcore nvidia...and all im saying is for AGP lackeys...its about time.

Im sticking with pci-e though so i can get an 8800ultra;)

While AGP will eventually go the way of the dodo, there are still a lot of systems out there that have AGP. There are computers still being sold that have AGP (why, I don't know). And, as long as there is a demand, someone will fill it.

Why be a fanboy when you will get a lot less performance with a 7950GT? The X1950XT kills it...i'm sorry thats pretty dumb but oh well. if you don't get an X1950Xt then I wouldn't even get any AGP cards as it's just a bad waste of money...the X1950XT was actually still a good deal in AGP.

People bought P4's before becuase they were dumb. People buy anthlons now becuase they are the best in terms of performance for your money. Intels are only good when overclocked compared to them.

It's just stupid to be a raw fanboy and waste your money on something that is not as good just becuase your too stuborn.

Well im not wasting my money, I don't have AGP, i was talking about those with AGP...i have pci-e and a 7900gs...im just saying im sticking with nvidia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom