AGP cards - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

What kind of problems have you had with your ATI card/s. I'v bought/used the 9200, 9600, and now I have the X850pro all AGP and never any problems

I guess you can unlock Ati's AGP X850pro with vivo to the X850xt with 16 pipes I will try it when I get better cooling.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Hey if your getting rid of the 9800 pro ive been looking for a better vid card to replace my real pos in my backup rig

its running a ati 7200 aiw 32 meg ram

kinda sad

If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Originally posted by Trotter
The GS is said to OC beyond the GT.
But even if it does

16 x 350=5600 GT

12x350=4200 GS

So the GS would have to Oc to 466.6 mhz to equal the GT. And if you OCed your GT to 400 mhz

Then a GS would have to oc to 533 mhz!! Doesnt this mean that the GT is WAY better then the GS? Or is there some new features the GS has to make it better? Seems to me the GT dominates the GS.
A+ certified.
I now am on the interweb:
Old 12-27-2005, 12:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Oh well since the GT is no longer available I guess that leaves only the GS. **** the video card market really ****es me off with the lack of good AGP cards. Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable priced GT that is brand new and is returnable and everything (want off a company, not an individual sale).

If not I'll just get the GS directly from EVGA, it will be a big step up no matter what from my 9800.

Think it will get 4k on 3dmark 05?

A+ certified.
I now am on the interweb:
Closed Thread