AGP cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Hey I'm getting ready to finally ditch my 9800 pro POS, and I need a new AGP card. I was looking at the 6800 gs AGP version but it only has a 350 mhz GPU, whereas the PCI version is 425. Whats with that, will that mean that the agp one runs a lot crappier or is the arcitexture completely different and it will be good?

I was also looking at the 850xt PE, but after putting up with ATIs crap for so long Id really rather have an EVGA card unless its really worth it to go ATI. (ATIs customer service is complete bull)

If there are any other nice AGP cards please tell me about them, there was the 6800GT agp but didnt they discontinue that?

Curses EVGAs online ordering isnt working so i cant process order, have to do it tomorrow. My main hope is this plus 1 gig of ram will give me another 1.5 years of life out of this PC. That is being able to run games on medium/high ish. Then its complete overhaul time.

Yeah the 6800GS Agp are really nice, my freind recently bought one and it runs battlefield 2 and F.E.A.R. really smooth. And Yeah if you dont like it send it to trotter, i cant believe you still have an MX4000

Whoah after doing a bunch of research it looks like the 6800gs is 12 pipelines and has a core speed of 350 mhz, same as the GT. Unless there is something I'm missing wont this mean that the GT is a LOT better then the GS. I'm talking about AGP versions, please dont put anything about the PCIE versions in.

If that indeed is the case, I dont know what I should do in terms of an agp replacement for 250 american or less.

The X800 XL AGP is also very very nice. I would say at this point I'd have a tough choice picking between those two. Whatever you can budget, go ahead and get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom