>>>agp 7800 vs agp X1950<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

<[MaTT]>

[$m] Steele Muffins
I cant be bothered upgrading my mobo so don't ask, anyway i want the best available AGP video card (money isn't an issue), without upgrading my mobo to one which has PCI E x16. From what research i've gathered so far, my options are the Gainward Bliss 7800 GS-GLH AGP 512MB or the Powercolor X1950 PRO AGP 256MB. Can someone please recommend one of these cards and give good reasons, right now i'm leaning towards the 7800, even though the X1950 is newer. Feel free to mention any other AGP cards that seem good.

I think that on PCIe the X1950Pro should win it, it is around 7900GS/GT performance. If it is no different for the AGP versions then I'd say that's your best bang for buck.

I've got an XFX 7800GS for sale (used for about 7 months) for 180.00 USD... we might be able to work a deal since your in Australia...

I've seen an AGP version Club3D X1950Pro 256mb. Looks like a very sweet card since it comes with an Arctic-Cooling Accelero X2 cooler. There are 512mb versions around like the Sapphire but I would avoid that since that one runs very hot.

Yeah, Gainward pull a lot of these jokes to make their cards outperform other cards. Personally I think it's a great company for cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom