AGEIA PhysX, worth it? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Bulldog

Default Re: AGEIA PhysX, worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA_Iron View Post
Become a Dentist or an orthodontist and have your own practice. You set your own hours IE mon-thurs 9-5 make bank

Average engineering salary is much lower than the numbers being thrown around. expect to start around 55k/year depending on location. When you make 100+k/year its usually in a management position.

Dont buy a phyics card
If you run the R&D sector in the Dresden fab for AMD you make a hole lot more than that lol.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV II DARK II View Post
Neurosurgeons can make 1 million+ a year
haha, thats actually what im going to school for. well, once i start my md/phd in 2008.

if its really millions then that'll be icing on the cake.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

nuclear engineer for me
Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Super Techie

hey thats an excellent field to get into, actually. i worked for exelon nuclear last summer at TMI (three mile island) in radiation chemistry. its a little boring, but the pay was GREAT, even for a lowly intern like me.

the other interns and i calculated it out, and if we stayed for the whole year we would have been paid about 36,000. without a college degree. amazing.

plus, the whole nuclear 2010 initiative which is supposed to have new plants being built by the year 2010... and something like 60&#37; of the workforce will retire in the next 10 years.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #35 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Wildside GRAW "supported" physics cards, in fact you had to install bloated agera physics drivers to install the ****in' demo. Tests showed no real benefit of physics cards in the game that forced you to install their drivers. Trust me, waste of time & money.

Onlycurious, I'm sorry man but your wrong, my sister is a lawyer and makes much more than you claim lawyers make, I grew up in a somewhat affluent area, some of the wealthy residents were dentists & dental surgeons with private practices and excellent reputations. Its a small % of people in that bracket but its a big country and in certain parts of this country, or world, everyone is basically a millionaire.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to OnlyCurious Send a message via Yahoo to OnlyCurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawg View Post
Onlycurious, I'm sorry man but your wrong, my sister is a lawyer and makes much more than you claim lawyers make, I grew up in a somewhat affluent area, some of the wealthy residents were dentists & dental surgeons with private practices and excellent reputations. Its a small % of people in that bracket but its a big country and in certain parts of this country, or world, everyone is basically a millionaire.
I'm not saying every doctor, lawyer, surgeon, etc makes a specific amount. I'm just saying that is what the AVERAGE doctor, lawyer, surgeon, etc gets paid. So yeah, I'm not surprised that your sister makes more than what other lawyers make. Dude, some lawyers make $30k a year.... I'm not speaking for EVERY lawyer, just the average.

We were also talking about salaried employees I believe... not millionaires/billionaires. Millionaires could have just inherited the money, nobody really cares about them... LOL

He said "unless you make $300k"... there are billions of people who make UNDER $100k a year... probably thousands, maybe millions, of people who make OVER $100k a year. But those thousands/millions don't compare to billions. If you will.... haha

My rig:
CoolerMaster Centurion 5
SamSung 20" LCD
Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte p35-ds3r
Patriot Extreme 2gb 4-4-4-12
Sapphire X1950XT 256mb
Samsung 500gb @ 7200
PSU Xclio GreatPower 550W
Samsung DVD Burner
Logitec X-230 2.1
Old 07-20-2007, 02:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
Gears of War King

Send a message via AIM to MaV II DARK II

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrandstrongr View Post
haha, thats actually what im going to school for. well, once i start my md/phd in 2008.

if its really millions then that'll be icing on the cake.

really?!?!?

omg i want to be that too!!!1

how is it?

14 years right?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #38 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to OnlyCurious Send a message via Yahoo to OnlyCurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaV II DARK II View Post
really?!?!?

omg i want to be that too!!!1

how is it?

14 years right?
a neurosurgeon??

sidenote: DANG.... this really got side tracked. HAHA

edit: this is how unimportant the physics card is..... LMAO

My rig:
CoolerMaster Centurion 5
SamSung 20" LCD
Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte p35-ds3r
Patriot Extreme 2gb 4-4-4-12
Sapphire X1950XT 256mb
Samsung 500gb @ 7200
PSU Xclio GreatPower 550W
Samsung DVD Burner
Logitec X-230 2.1
Old 07-20-2007, 02:33 AM   #39 (permalink)
Hellfire!

Send a message via MSN to Wildside

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawg View Post
Wildside GRAW "supported" physics cards, in fact you had to install bloated agera physics drivers to install the ****in' demo. Tests showed no real benefit of physics cards in the game that forced you to install their drivers. Trust me, waste of time & money.
kk, but it would be nice to try one out in Hellgate: London. AGEIA said they r supporting it, so it brings up the hype dude.

u think any future GPU with PP would support this game? No, unless FlagShip Studios announce what GPU with PP can ALSO work with the game. Only then would i decide not get the AGEIA PhysX Accelerator.

but first things first, i need a job so badly.
--EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB GDDR5
--ASUS Crosshair IV Hero AM4 X370 Motherboard
--WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD
--SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD
--Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
--Corsair Professional Series 860-Watt AX860
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrandstrongr View Post
hey thats an excellent field to get into, actually. i worked for exelon nuclear last summer at TMI (three mile island) in radiation chemistry. its a little boring, but the pay was GREAT, even for a lowly intern like me.

the other interns and i calculated it out, and if we stayed for the whole year we would have been paid about 36,000. without a college degree. amazing.

plus, the whole nuclear 2010 initiative which is supposed to have new plants being built by the year 2010... and something like 60% of the workforce will retire in the next 10 years.

How did you get an internship? What were the qualifications? I want to head out to the places around here but I am totally strapped down at school as full time student

Closed Thread