Ageia physX card worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought so, never know with the stupid Dx crap and compatibility makes me kinda mad that only vista will use Dx10.. and i don't like vista too much

lol... get in line... not many ppl are fans of Vista, but the tweaking and such is going on... it'll probably be decent around Sp1 time...

The 8800GTS 320 is only around $250-270. Well the 7900GT can still hold up on it's own, with most games, on reasonable settings.

Forget the 640mb version, as it doesn't have a significant increase over the 320mb. Just because it has double the memory, doesn't mean double the performance. Save yourself the money.

would it be worth upgrading to the 320mb 320-bit 8800gts for the $270 from a 7900gt (mind i don't have vista and can't use Dx10)
actually yes, i'm sure it is, clock speeds and memory seem to blow my card away.. and 96 stream processors

Agreed with nagasama. The 7900GT is still a good card. I'd suggest you wait, until the 9 series arrives.

doesnt matter if the game supports it or not

it will take the physics aspect of any game, and help take some load off the video card. and give usually a few (not more than 10) FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom