Aftermarket Heatsink for i7860

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Hi, my brother got a Zalman CNPS10x Extreme heatsink for his i7860, and it seems like a very good heatsink.

I have most of my build already, and will be assembling it soon; the heatsink is one of the components I'm missing........

Is the Zalman CNPS10x Extreme the best heatsink for the money? Also, I'll be using an Asus Maximus Forumula 3; and read that the CNPS10x extreme will block one of the memory slots........ which I don't like.

Any suggestions of what heatsink to get for the i7860? Or should I just go with the CNPS10x Extreme?

That Megahalem looks really good. I'm having a lot of troubles finding the Megahalem heatsink in Canada. I can find the TRUE though.

Anybody know any stores in Canada that sell the Megahalem?

I found the true you showed on NCIX.ca

NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366RT REV.C Heatpipe Cooler LGA1366 120MM Fan 1600RPM 28DBA 63.7CFM - U120E-1366-RT Rev.C In Canada. and plus the 1156 brackets NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright LGA1156 BOLT-THRU Kit for All LGA1156 Motherboards Ultra Series MUX-120 - BTK-LGA1156 In Canada.

That would make The TRUE option $93 before taxes.

But I stumbled across the NCIX.com - Buy Noctua NH-U12P SE2 LGA775/1156/1366 AM2/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ 2XNH-P12 120MM Fans - NH-U12P SE2 In Canada.

which is 80$ before taxes......... The Noctua or the TRUE120?

In Canada it's fairly hard to find Noctuas for a bargain unless they are being blown out by NCIX (which does occur infrequently).

Despite that problem you can always pricematch NCIX with their own shell companies to get a relatively better price than what you see. DirectCanada tends to sell considerably lower than its parent company and price matching is virtually guaranteed.

I found that you can order the Thermalright Ultra-120 (LGA 775) for ~$54
While a 1156 mounting bracket for ~$10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom