after market 8800gts fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
Hello, I am not sure where to post this but I am building a High Performance PC so I thought I'd post it here.

Anyways, I bought an after market fan for my eVGA 8800gts, actually its this one right here:

Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-G0102 VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any way I can convert that 4 pin molex connector to a 3 pin so I can connect the fan directly onto the card. Also I am worried that since there are two fans on the after market fan, would there be enough power being drawn from the video card or would it be a lot better to just connect it using the 4 pin molex connector? I am really picky about having a bunch of wires running back and forth so I would rather have a single wire connected to what it is attached to.

No one knows how to convert that 4 pin molex (red and black wire) into a smaller connector like a motherboard fan connector?

So you just want a 4 pin Molex to a 3 pin fan adaptor. Yea they make em. I'm not 100% sure if there would be any power problems powering the fam from the GPU though..Heres the product.

Newegg.com - APEVIA Power 4 PIN Adapter TO 3 PIN Fan Adapter Model CVT43 - Cables

Well I don't really want an adapter. I want to cut the wire and solder on the 3 pin fan connector so I would have the last cables as possible. There has got to be a way..anyone else have anything else to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom