Advices and tips for my first build: AMD Ryzen 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Advices and tips for my first build: AMD Ryzen 5

Hi everybody, how's it going?

i've created my first build and i'd like to share with you and maybe if you can give me some advice about it, please

cpu AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core
air cooler be quiet! - Pure Rock 120mm fan (i've contacted the company, they said it's got am4 out of the box compability)
motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350-Gaming ATX AM4
memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
video card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Turbo
case Zalman - Z1 Neo ATX Mid Tower
power supply Corsair - VS 650W ATX (i've used the wattage calculator, the total of all is 515W so i needed 550 PSU but for 3 more i can get 650W PSU)

i will also buy an UPS to prevent damage if there is a power cut or black out

this is the link to compare GA AB 350 gaming ( 15 cheaper, where i live) vs GA AB 350 gaming 3 Compare Result | Motherboard | GIGABYTE can you tell me if im right by saying that the only differences are the rgb stuff and it has one more pci-e 16x slot (running at x1)

everything should be compatible with the other components, if you notice any big mistakes please tell me

thanks
regards

jerry222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Advices and tips for my first build: AMD Ryzen 5

What are you going to use the PC for? whats your budget?

I thought the Ryzen CPU's come with a pretty good cooler- why are buying another? you could take that money and buy a better GPU - again depending what your using the PC for makes a big difference.

acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
What are you going to use the PC for? whats your budget?

I thought the Ryzen CPU's come with a pretty good cooler- why are buying another? you could take that money and buy a better GPU - again depending what your using the PC for makes a big difference.
They actually do have a decent cooler.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

I just built my pc the other day, it has a ryzen 5 in it. I had a Corsair H60 cpu cooler from my previous build (bought this cooler probably a few years ago?) but doesn't fit the new motherboard without ordering some adapter. I just put the stock cpu fan on and so far I'm very happy with it. I run Black Desert Online at 'Very High' graphics (max) and I run this game literally 24/7, I don't shut my pc off hardly. My cpu hovers at around 55C and my gpu (evga geforce gtx 1050 ti sc) sits at around 65C.

In short - I'm very happy with the stock cpu cooler on the ryzen 5. You can always keep it stock at first and if you think it's running too hot you can just put an aftermarket cooler on later. I doubt you'd need to though.
ROFL_A_PIGGY is offline   Reply With Quote