Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor X7

Beta member
I'm new to this forum, so hello everyone. :)
(I wasn't sure whether to post here or in the 'General PCs' section, sorry if I put it in the wrong one!)

I'm looking to get a new computer, I'd like to be able to play some new games with relative ease, aswell as to do video editing, 3d modelling etc. but without spending a huge amount of money at most hopefully around £400 ($750ish).
I heard that building custom computers was better value for money but after adding up the cost of all different components it looked like it was more expensive to build by myself?

Basically what I want to know is, what are some of the best performing systems I can possibly get for £400 (custom or prebuilt)?

Thanks for your time. :bald:

well i specd the cheapes pc poss came at around 370£, that included monitor, do you need a monitor and keyboard as well, the cheapest monitor was 70£ that was a 17 crt, there maby cheaper now, but for 400 pounds, say leave 80 for the periferals, then get a sempron cpu, possibly a gig of ram, a small 40-80gig hdd, 50£ for the graphics card, but, what tgames do you play, do you need monitor and keyboard?

Alright, sicne I need to know same things harry asked i'll explain abit why are the non-custom computers cheaper and seems to be better..

Usualy, in the non-custom computers, the companies will go as cheap as possible on stuff you won't even notice, like REALLY cheap RAM Brands with HUGE amounts [2gb / 1gb at least, but lame brands with latencies that won't be useable lol]

One other thing, They'd go with REALLY cheap Mobo that sounds great but if you look into the little details you'll probably find out they give you an 'on-board' video card which is a horrible thing for gaming computers and such..

so in general what they do is put big quantity [RAM / HardDisk] but everything is low quality, thats including the CPUs usualy.... in the 'higher -end' builds you'll find a dual core CPU's but again they'd stick you lame RAM, lame mobo and either a bad video card or even worse, an onboard one.

^It's a good thing I asked, I didn't have any clue about that. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions Harry.
I plan on playing games such as Battlefield 2 and Halflife 2, but if I could have the ability to play some of the very latest games that would be great!

And to answer your question, I won't need a keyboard/monitor or any other periphirals.

Well... I do not know where you live and so im unsure which shop should I compare prices at, are you somewhere near USA and able to buy from Newegg? if not then provide me some store that you usualy buy at, lol....

Anyway, I have to say that with such budget you won't be getting a high end computer, maybe an avarge-end one...

something like this pehaps? that orta play most games on medium to high, that was roughly put together, play around with it, and ya may be able to get some of it cheaper elsewere, ya may even wanna go am2, or wait a while and get the new conroe, the cheapest one may be in your budget

I live in the UK, so I use www.ebuyer.com
I just want to try to find the best computer I can for that money, if I needed to spend a bit more to get a decent computer then I might, but hopefully not.

Thanks Harry, but the link just comes up with blank results. :(

woops, yea, but you could get a amd 3000, 250 wd hdd, 6600gt, 1gb crucial value ram(2 x 512) antec smartpower psu (500w), asus mobo, can remeiber which, if yea up ya budget by about 50£, and change some of the other things you could get a dual core amd, possibly am2, and a mobo to match, tha would be pretty good, or like i said, wait for conroes

Can't find video cards in that store, nor can I find mobo's... only CPU's..

btw what is Vat?

well van is this big con, bascily, the price you see usully dosnt include vat, so you have to add 17.5% on top of that, as a result it gets really expensive.

click the compoints tab at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom