Advice on new computer for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbarton2009

Baseband Member
hey guys, im looking into buying a new computer for a little gaming, not anything particularly intensive, as i have a limited budget, but i would like to be able to run WoW on ultra, dota, probably a few of the newer FPS games. anyway this is what i was looking at for $1200.00 New Zealand Dollars, which roughly works out to about $900.00 us:

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0Ghz x 4 Quad Core Processor, new socket AM3, very fast!

Motherboard: LATEST AMD 880G SB710 AM3 Ready DDR3-1333 up to 16GB of ram. Feature packed board supporting latest AMD CPUs and future upgrades

RAM: Super fast 8GB DDR3-1333 Dual Channel Low Latency Memory - Lifetime Warranty!

HDD: 1TB SATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4250 Graphics onboard up to 512MB of memory shared

DVD: Fastest 24X Dual Layer DVD-RW

Case: Quality Foxconn TLA785 Piano Black ATX with dual rail power supply

LCD: AOC 2434PW 24" 2ms response time, 60,000:1 full HD, HDMI, Speakers

Peripherals: Keyboard and Mouse combo

Network: Broadband Ready Gigabit network

Total 8 USBs, 6 back, 2 front.

So could anyone tell if they think this is a fair deal? and i understand i would need to upgrade the Video Card and would really appreciate any advice you could give in that area?

Thanks alot.

JBart

Do you have any direct links to the components you listed? More specific specifications on some components would be desired in helping you choose parts.
Also, 8GB of "Super fast" ram is overkill, 4GB in dual channel (2 x 2GB sticks) will suffice.
If you can find it, get an Athlon 635, or 630 and overclock it yourself, it's simple to do mild overclocks and saves you a few dollars.

DDR3-1333 =/= "super fast"

880G =/= "latest"

All DVD can run 24x.

You want a good brand power supply, not a no-name.

Basically, you are about to be screwed with that setup.

I'm not familiar with the Aussie side of eshops, but maybe S0ULphIRE will happen by and chime in.

I don't know what the prices over there is like, but the system you posted will cost maybe $500-$600 usd.

That system will screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom