Advice Needed for Mobo choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
What do people think of the abit IP35-E vs. the gigabyte p35 ds3L?? Will be OCing an E2180 to around 4GHz and need some mobo opinions.

Both are excellent overclockers. I'm hearing though, that the IP35-E is a slightly better overclocker. It's also cheaper than the DS3L.

Hmm.. well I wouldn't mind getting the IP35-E but I am nervous about all the "double booting" issues people have complained about. Not sure if that is fixed yet or what..

ya.. but i thought that was default for all Intel Mobos....i remember my Gigabyte 965g-ds3 did the same thing..

You mean, where it starts up, shuts down for 2 seconds, and then starts up again? Happens with my DS3R...but only when I increase the FSB.

You mean, where it starts up, shuts down for 2 seconds, and then starts up again? Happens with my DS3R...but only when I increase the FSB.

ya... isn't that what he meant by the double post... but i did have the e4300 at 3.0ghz... so that maybe the cause of it... idk...

get the Abit ip35-e hands down...

it overclocks a tiny bit better than a p35-ds3l, but theres no way your getting 4.0ghz without aircooling... because the max i've seen on the ip35-e was a 3.7ghz... but don't get your hopes on getting that high... each e2180 has their own way of overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom