Adhesive on Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizinc4

In Runtime
I just purchased the Thermaltake Tai-Chi case with Water Cooling. To mount the CPU water block you have to screw a metal h-plate, mylar, and insulator onto the bottom of the motherboard. The insulator is supposed to go against the motherboard (as far as I know), but it has removable wax paper which reveals an adhesive (on both sides of the insulator). I am curious to know if it is alright to apply this insulator with the adhesive exposed to the motherboard. I have an Asus P5WD2 Premium, and I figure I will roll with the old saying "better safe than sorry".

Check the manual? Sorry I'm not familiar with watercooling. I would think it would be fine, but you may want to wait for someone else who has watercooling to answer.

Lol man.. I checked the manual first but thanks. Yeah I just went ahead and did it. I have a warranty, so if it ruins the mobo I am fine. It really didn't stick a whole lot. It can be pulled off pretty easily. I'd let you know how the system ran.. if only I had my PSU! I should have that Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom