Additional motherboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So originally thought I only got one extra power cable from the video card to the PSU. So I used that, and the other additional power connector was already on my PSU, along with others ( the gtx needs 2 power connectors ). then later in the box I found another one so I decided to use that, with both of em thought when I tried to power up, my system just went on for a second before going dead. I instantly thought the mobo was somehow fried, but once I removed both of the video card power connections and just connected the PSU connectors straight to the video card, it everything powered up and worked fine. Question is, did I do any damage the 3 times I tried starting the mobo up and it only flashing for a second?

When you connected the PCIe adapters, you found with the graphic card...did you connect two 4-pin molex power connectors, to each PCIe adapter? If not, it probably didn't turn on, because the GTX wasn't getting enough power.

well I connected the clear thingy connections to the 4 pin power connectors on the card ( there was 2 of these ), I used theres and thats when it would turn on for a second before turning off. Once I switched out theres and just used the 4 pin power connectors provided by my PSU, it worked fine. My question is, I was just wondering if any damage was done to the mobo by the 3 failure to fully power on moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom