Adding to my i7 WC setup...Advice welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hello everyone! I just got done installing a 3x120mm radiator and watercooling loop in my CM ATCS 840 with i7 920...(leak tested for 24 hours and it's all good!)

Reservoir: XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in. Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's
Pump: Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump
Res: HW Labs Black Ice SR1 360 Carbon Black - Triple 120mm
CPU Block: Watercool HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366

So the radiator is at the top of the case and the Res/pump are in the bottom two 5.25 bays. So now that I have the watercooling bug I am wanting to get a new video card (5870/480) and water cooling for it and wc for my chipset.

Would a 2x120mm rad be enough to cool the video card and the chipset? Or should I go 2x120mm rad for the video card (this will go on the bottom of the case) and a 1x120mm rad for the chipset (exhaust fan on the back of the case)? In the second scenario I would have the loop go: pump>2x120mm rad>video card>1x120mm rad>chipset cooling>res>pump... This looks like it would work...

Suggestions:

Video card... 5870 or 480 (no idea on these)... The 5870 with an EK block sounds sexy...

Another pump: Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump
2x120mm radiator:............?
1x120mm radiator:............?
Video card block: EK Waterblocks EK-FC5870 V2 Acetal+Nickel for AMD/ATI Radeon
Chipset block: I have the older EVGA MB... EVGA E758-A1 X58... someone suggested this: Enzotech EVX-58 Waterblock - for EVGA X58 SLI Products Model: EVX-58 [EVX-58] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

So that is it for now... just wondering about the new portion of the loop so all suggestions are welcome... Maybe I could get away with only running a 2x120mm rad for the video card and the chipset..

Re: Adding to my WC setup...Adive welcome!

Wow I just realized this early in the morning made me retarded and therefore I cannot spell "Advice"...

FIXED WOOT!

Edit: Ok looking at the price of things... I am wondering that if the 2x120mm rad will work for the VC and the chipset that I can get the rad and the chipset block first and then buy the video card later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom