Add to Source Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting way too picky about fine detail in games for this stuff to matter.

This, using technology not currently available, is just another reason to make everybody upgrade their graphics cards.

hahaha "nVidia, we want to to add new technology to your cards: the technology to make the game blurry and grainy!"

ilovesocks said:
hahaha "nVidia, we want to to add new technology to your cards: the technology to make the game blurry and grainy!

LOL....

It would be nice though if they could create motion blur in a way they could make games run acceptable at lower frames such as 27 fps like movies run in. This would increase the longevity of graphics cards if they would do this.

I'm not too intersted in the motion blur. if no hardware can do it in real time, than i don't care. the film grain is too dense. but IMO, the color correction is where its at. color correction would take DoD back to its roots, a cold, dark WWII shooter. DoD would be 10x better if the color wasnt' so warm.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I'm not too intersted in the motion blur. if no hardware can do it in real time, than i don't care. the film grain is too dense. but IMO, the color correction is where its at. color correction would take DoD back to its roots, a cold, dark WWII shooter. DoD would be 10x better if the color wasnt' so warm.

I agree, but I dont think you need some new technology to do it, just render the environments in darker, colder color. Far Cry even has this option.

beedubaya said:
People are getting way too picky about fine detail in games for this stuff to matter.

This, using technology not currently available, is just another reason to make everybody upgrade their graphics cards.

Actually the method's they are using have a minimal framerate loss and you do NOT need new hardware to do it.

The point is that the Source engine is the graphics platform that companies should be developing their games on

People are constantly blowing up the Unreal engine as the next big thing...based on current specifications it should either be about twice as graphically powerful as any other engine right now, or it's terribly optimized like most other games coming out

The Source engine is well over a year old now and is still one of the most visually appealing engines IMO...it doesn't hog resources and can be played on most machines with ease, and has a ton of flexibility and was built with the intention of expansion in the future as lost coast and other recent Source engine games have demonstrated

It has tons of headroom and is the only engine that is actually optimized to look good while not being very hardware demanding at all

I actually wonder why game developers can't take advantage of some of these great engines out now like the Source engine or even the Doom 3 engine, instead of trying to demonstrate a graphically superior yet horrible optimized engine which takes the latest and greatest to even run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom