Ad-aware SE 1.06r1 performance problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With any of these programs whether AVG, Spyware Terminator, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and a long list others you simply open the msconfig utility and look in both the startup and services tabs for the items they have there and simply uncheck the boxes next to them. But that will also disable any autpupdate feature they have too.

Make sure you check the hide all Microsoft services box when going into the services tab since you could accidently disable the wrong thing namely an eseential background service for Windows there. Fortunately however you can always go back in and re-enabled anything you disable even if you have to boot up in safe mode. A system restart is required to see any changes put into effect.

alright I completely forgot about the services tab and always look at the startup tab, I guess I should disable anything symantic since I dont want/need real time protection as well. When I run these programs to do a scan thought will their services start up automatically?

er now that I disabled many symantic services, it no longer runs that rtvscan.exe thing but I can't disable auto-protect ( it just renables itself back on when I do, before I could ). Although according to task manager my system is actually using less memory anyways...so...should I just leave it like it is?

Please do not post such topics in this section, as this is reserved to building/hardware related topics as opposed to viruses/antivirus and the likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom