actually BUILDING the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa

Baseband Member
Well i've got everything except my processor ( it was supposed to be here two days ago but it got back ordered...anyways) i was figuring i could put everything together in my computer and then just pop the processor in. but i want to know, how can i ground myself? i have a big rubber mat, can i just keep an unclothed part of my body on that and stay grounded? can i turn on the computer to make sure all the fans etc are working correctly without the processor? thanks for your help

Its a good plan, touch the outside of the metal case to ground yourself.
The rule of thumb is to touch the outside of the case everytime you goto install a part.

Its a good plan, touch the outside of the metal case to ground yourself.
The rule of thumb is to touch the outside of the case everytime you goto install a part.

so if i keep like my knee or something on the rubber mat. and my hand or something on the case (its aluminum i think) i'll be fine?

Im not saying anything about the rubber mat. :p
If your reallt paranoid about static just touch the outside of the metal case everytime you goto install a part. You don;t really need a rubber mat.

if your on a ruber mat you should be fine... for the most part components can stand a lil static elec just dont go rolling around on the carpet and grabbing the parts.. best you do it in a room that has tile if your really worried about it but its like ste said touch something metal that can conduct elec so in your case your case will no do get a screwdriver or something ( not one you plan on using tho ) to touch before you handle a part

btw i forgot to mention, all my house is hardwood floors (shiney and polished! ;) ) so i dont have to worry about carpets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom