Acer 21 inch and white lines - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Eagleboy

Hi, this is your monitor.

How about you put some effort into this before you say "it can't be done" to every one of our posts?

http://global.acer.com/operations/america.htm

If you attempt to fix this yourself, you will likely harm the monitor or yourself in the process, rendering your monitor useless (in which case you'd have to spend weeks without a monitor, the exact same scenario as if you'd send your monitor back for warrenty repair!).

So, next time open up their website and look for contacts for Acer before you assume it's impossible to get your monitor serviced in the US. Yes, "their" a Japanese company, but a majority of overseas companies who do business in the US have operations in the US as well. My friend's uncle works at Acer, and he lives in the US. It took me less than one minute to open up their website and find their US contact list - I expect you to be able to put, minimally, that kind of effort into this if you're asking others to help you. This isn't our monitor that's broken here.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Ok but I have NO warranty. Thats the thing is it going to cost more to get it fixed than say 200?

Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Alex81388

It could, yes. But there is no way to tell right now because we have no idea what the problem is.

Spend the 20-30 dollars to ship it out for an estimate, and when whatever service center you use gets it they will tell you how much to fix. You say either fix or dont fix, and they will send it back either fixed or not fixed.

****, even best buy will likely send it out for you. It is $24.95 for the shipping and handling to get it to service, and that cost gets applied to the fix should you decide to go with it. Otherwise, you tell them its to expensive to fix and you get it back $25 later and a with an answer to your question.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Eagleboy

Just get a fixed-rate shipping box from Fed-Ex or something... it costs me $20 to ship out a full bike using their fixed-rate boxes.... It shoudl be a bit cheaper for an LCD monitor.

And often times you can get Warrenty support based on the Serial Number.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

So my only bet is to send it out and pay 30 dollars then if it costs too much to fix pay another 30? Im just gonna save up for a new monitor