According to this its safe for me to reach 100*C temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Did i read this wrong or something?

Intel C2D/Q/X Thermal Designs Explained - Overclockers Forums

So because SpeedFan reads the Tcase temps, I should trust SpeedFan over Everest?

Everest reads the Tjunction temps which is probably why my core temps are hot.

As long as I dont reach 100C on Everest or 85C on SpeedFan Ill be fine right? Not so sure what the forum topic is trying to say so I need a second opinion :D

No, that is not true. Don't go over 70 if you have a GO and don't go over 60 if you have a B3. And those are HIGH temps, you don't want to have any processor at 70 degrees for more than a few minutes. The absolute maximum is about 15 degrees lower than the t junction, and that is too high to keep your processor at for any long amount of time.

No, that is not true. Don't go over 70 if you have a GO and don't go over 60 if you have a B3. And those are HIGH temps, you don't want to have any processor at 70 degrees for more than a few minutes. The absolute maximum is about 15 degrees lower than the t junction, and that is too high to keep your processor at for any long amount of time.

you can run a G0 at 71 all day long. anything after that and its subject to throttling.

According to intel, 71 is the upper limit for safe normal operation. As long as your processor is not going above 71 during normal operation, don't worry about it. It may jump higher during stress tests, but take a look at what they are during what you'd normally do.

According to intel, 71 is the upper limit for safe normal operation. As long as your processor is not going above 71 during normal operation, don't worry about it. It may jump higher during stress tests, but take a look at what they are during what you'd normally do.

Thats for G0 Stepping right? Mine is a B3, so 62.2*C is my max. :(

i have no idea what T junction is ( i saw that 100 degrees, too) but 100C is 212F, otherwise known as the temperature at which water BOILS...i am pretty sure anything close to this could end your dreams of being a cool guy with a cool CPU

I leave the delta to Tjunction option disabled, since I have no use for knowing how many more degrees my computer could heat up before boiling water

i have no idea what T junction is ( i saw that 100 degrees, too) but 100C is 212F, otherwise known as the temperature at which water BOILS...i am pretty sure anything close to this could end your dreams of being a cool guy with a cool CPU

I leave the delta to Tjunction option disabled, since I have no use for knowing how many more degrees my computer could heat up before boiling water

LOL haha.

I also read somewhere that if you boil ur cpu, your cpu temp will go down to 0C.

Edit:

Here's how you boil water in using ur CPU.

YouTube - Boiling your CPU using Peltier Water cooling

in that video, are his low temperatures the result of a "phase change" type cooling system, since he boiled the water - meaning the evaporating water would take a lot of heat with it?

or is it just a system error, perhaps the "normal" got messed up in the temperature guage since it probably peaked over 210F

in that video, are his low temperatures the result of a "phase change" type cooling system, since he boiled the water - meaning the evaporating water would take a lot of heat with it?

or is it just a system error, perhaps the "normal" got messed up in the temperature guage since it probably peaked over 210F

No I think your first guess is right, its taking loads of heat off of the cpu, then throwing more cold liquid at it, makes sense, unless someone comes and scientifically disproves it in this thread. But don't u get bsod when u hotswap power cables around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom