AC'97 Audio or HD Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
I have one cord with 2 plugs for audio on my Antec 900. Do I connect the AC'97 or the HD Audio to my motherboard? The motherboard will accept either. Which one is the better one?

HD... my mobo has ac'97 only... and keep it your questions all in one thread.. your moving new topics to the next page..

I plugged in the hd one, but that was because I had no idea what ac 97 was. My audio sounds fine, I'm not sure which one is better.

AC97 is the old audio codec. Today, there are two options: that and HD Audio. You should just use the HD audio plug and get it over with.

just checking.. maybe i can find something online of the sound quality between HD and AC'97

Thats only for front panel ports.

It depends on your front panel. Mine, I have the AC97 plugged in because I dont know what the other plug does, i think its HD Audio, the other one, but I dont use the front panel sound that much anyway.

You use the HD Audio if you have a front panel ports that supports 5.1 channnel or higher. If not, theres no point to using HD Audio. I can use HD Audio settings in the BIOS and have the AC97 plugged in, I think thats what I have right now, the AC97 is plugged in but in BIOS its HD Audio enabled for the front panel.

But theres no sound difference really. Nothing you would notice. I use the mobo sound anyway, so ye.

Edit: Anyway, Im soo excited, I cant wait. Tomorrow is Thursday and on Friday I will be leaving for college!

Woot woot, grrr I need to start packing! haha, just need to remember to pack my computer and get it ready to set at like 5 PM tomorrow. So i can leave in the morning on friday. Grrr. What should I bring lolz. I have a list on "What to Bring" but grrr, I dont even know. Im sure Ill forget something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom