The absolute cheapest build for BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF2 matters A LOT on the CPU. But a Sempron 64 3400+ > Athlon 64 3000+, so cut the crap about the Sempron 64s not being good. I've overclocked a Sempron 64 2800+ to speeds that would most people's PCs on this Forum.

Ok here is my vote..... :D

Slap your friend, tell him he is a jackass for wanting a computer that pretends to be a console :freak:

Take the money you were going to spend on building him something that he wouldn't take full advantage of.... sell your stupid mac that isn't compatible with 3/4 of all software made today.... put together all that money and build yourself a kick-azz system with a good mobo, a nice opteron processor, 2 gigs of decent ram, a 7800GT, and OverClock the crap out of it. :p

Then you can roll any game you want at max settings, do all your work on a computer that is compatible with the world, and quit your pointless biased b|tching!! Who cares about your friend anyway :)

PcMe said:
wtf wow guys, what's up with all of the 'don't get a sempron' crap?
HE'S GETTING THIS SYSTEM FOR BF2 ONLY.
The cpu doesn't matter much when it comes to it; as long as it's not like a PII or something. Sure, the game may be dependant on the cpu and some may say it would bottleneck a 7800GT, but performancewise it's not going to be noticable in BF2.
It's also much cheaper than the 3000; over 50$ cheaper. He wanted the cheapest he could find and I recommended close to it.

He also said he wanted it on the highest settings.

Oh yeah.

Ok here is my vote.....

Slap your friend, tell him he is a jackass for wanting a computer that pretends to be a console

Take the money you were going to spend on building him something that he wouldn't take full advantage of.... sell your stupid mac that isn't compatible with 3/4 of all software made today.... put together all that money and build yourself a kick-azz system with a good mobo, a nice opteron processor, 2 gigs of decent ram, a 7800GT, and OverClock the crap out of it.

Then you can roll any game you want at max settings, do all your work on a computer that is compatible with the world, and quit your pointless biased b|tching!! Who cares about your friend anyway

flying-squirrel, sorry but thats not what i want at all. thats not the point of this.
first of all, if he sells his mac, he loses job. second, he doesnt need the kick *** system. third, mac is the main comp in our world. hes a graphic designer and im a recording engineer. mac is the industry standerd for those business. so ur comments r much pointless than makin a pc as a console game machine. i mean how many of us here using ur PC as a game machine?? as long as u r not usinng ur PC professionally (means u make money using ur PC), its basically like console game machine, right?
and yes i care about my friends.

Lol you misunderstood my comment. I was saying sell your mac not your friends and the good system would be for you lol. Anyway I use a P4 at my job which is web development and graphic design (I'm becoming a Photoshop master finally). I have the system in my sig at home for mainly gaming use but dvds play very well on my monitor :D.

Lastly I think your "world" is on crack for thinking macs are required, I guarantee I could build a system that could easily tie if not beat any mac you could get in any benchmark you want to use. You seem to think that the graphic design field is mac based which is horse ... considering I myself am a graphic designer among other things. I will admit I know virtually nothing about the music industry however.

Anywho, I was just playfully telling you to save your money, sell your computer and make the good system for your own personal gaming use. But apparently you are not in a good mood :p so I would say forget my post, along with the other posts which laugh at your mac and go ahead with the 2 earlier posts from PcMe and someone else which involved decent cheap builds that would suit your purposes.

Flying-Squirrel said:
Lol you misunderstood my comment. I was saying sell your mac not your friends and the good system would be for you lol. Anyway I use a P4 at my job which is web development and graphic design (I'm becoming a Photoshop master finally). I have the system in my sig at home for mainly gaming use but dvds play very well on my monitor :D.

Lastly I think your "world" is on crack for thinking macs are required, I guarantee I could build a system that could easily tie if not beat any mac you could get in any benchmark you want to use. You seem to think that the graphic design field is mac based which is horse ... considering I myself am a graphic designer among other things. I will admit I know virtually nothing about the music industry however.

Anywho, I was just playfully telling you to save your money, sell your computer and make the good system for your own personal gaming use. But apparently you are not in a good mood :p so I would say forget my post, along with the other posts which laugh at your mac and go ahead with the 2 earlier posts from PcMe and someone else which involved decent cheap builds that would suit your purposes.

don worry i already have a monster game rig myself. i consider this as a game console. i do everything else on my mac. :)

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+, DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
ZALMAN CNPS9500, eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
OCZ Titanium 2x1GB DDR SDRAM DDR 400
OCZ Powerstream 600W PSU
WD Caviar 250GB 7200 RPM SATA
WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA
NEC 16X DVD-RW DL, VL System LIS 2 Premium
TT Kandalf VA9000SWA Silver
Saitek Eclipse, Logitech G5

and i have lots of friends does graphic design they all use mac. and for music, at professional level, mac is the only choice. no professional studio in the world uses windows unless its a mastering studios. thats how it is. it doesnt matter u can build a better PC than mac. we just have to use mac. and usually external DSP (usually in pci slots) is doin the most of the work anyway.

Whatever dude... Just get 2 gigs of ram, a 6800gs, and an amd 3200.

I am tired of argueing.

Kitire said:
Whatever dude... Just get 2 gigs of ram, a 6800gs, and an amd 3200.

I am tired of argueing.
dude, u kinda started it tho..
and no i don wanna argue either, cuz its not gonna solve anything..

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Ok, I'll try to build something;

This is NOT going to be MicroATX. mATX it too much of a pain in the ***. But I've gotten a cheap, small case (don't worry, its good) that I think you'll like.

Case - Case - $24.

Motherboard - MSi K8N Neo4-F - $80.

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - $125.

Memory - Corsair ValueSelect 2GB (2x1GB) DDR400 - $165.

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA150 HDD - $59.

Videocard - XFX GeForce 6800GS PCI-E - $195.

Power Supply - Forton 400W - $40.

Floppy Drive (you need it to install Hard Drive drivers) - Generic Floppy Drive - $5.

DVD-ROM - LITE-ON Generic DVD-ROM - $19.

$712. I guess you could say that thats the cheapest build to run ANY game out there at max settings. For a little over $700, thats pretty freakin good. Only things you need to do; Overclock the processor and the videocard.

DON'T FORGET OPERATING SYSTEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom