The absolute cheapest build for BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitire said:
Oh my god dude...

Do you even know what pc's are?

PERSONAL COMPUTERS!!!!!!

PC = MAC ....
yes i know... in the real world, usually ppl call pc=windows, mac=apple.
it just easier way of sayin those stuff...and everyone knows that.. do i have to call it "microsoft windows XP personal computer system" all the time? pls..
and i ask u to stop posting on this thread pls...cuz none of ur comments r helpful and u just like to keep bashing mac. thats not what i asked for help.

I built a budget system that ran Source games at 1024x768 all on high w/ no aa/af at 25-60ish fps. very playable for him.

It cost bout $300, cept we had a leftover 20gig HD and dvd drive and a copy of XP.

You could build the same system and just add in a 6600GT or 6800GS if he complains.

Look at newegg or Mwave for the parts (I did the Mwave cpu bundle with the cpu, mobo, and memory and and saved a few bucks and got farcry free.)

Sempron64 2800 (the higher the number you can fit into the budget the better)

Biostar G6100M-7 s754 mATXmobo (or the ASRock version looks to be ok too)

Ram- get him a minimum of a gig try to get Corsair or OCZ value ram

Case I used an Aspire X-Qpack, it's an awsome small cube. It was a tight fit, but it worked out fine.

NEC DVD Burner-$40 or just drive $20 from newegg

HD- Nab a SATA I or II drive.. 40gigs runs bout $40ish and 80 is about $50ish I'd recommend Seagate

Grab a cheap floppy drive with a matching front panel.

Toss it together with BF2 (and HL2 because you must own a copy of HL2 if you own a functioning computer) Just start up BF2 and see how it runs on the integrated GFX.

If he whines about not fast enuf or doesn't look good then,
Grab a 6600GT (~$120-~170) or better yet a 6800GS (~$200)
and tell him to shut up.

Also, I love Macs, but they're no where near practical for anything but to be nice anymore. OSX became diffucult to navigate too... Still like 'em, but much rather have my system than a mac.

thx Mk97. that looks very promising. great to hear i can mb build 1 around 500 bucks.
great help thx! im still takin more suggestions tho.

Semptrons are generally the lower end cpus though, Id go for an athlon 64 3000 or 3200. Its well worth the cash, semptrons have less cache and generally arnt as good.

wtf wow guys, what's up with all of the 'don't get a sempron' crap?
HE'S GETTING THIS SYSTEM FOR BF2 ONLY.
The cpu doesn't matter much when it comes to it; as long as it's not like a PII or something. Sure, the game may be dependant on the cpu and some may say it would bottleneck a 7800GT, but performancewise it's not going to be noticable in BF2.
It's also much cheaper than the 3000; over 50$ cheaper. He wanted the cheapest he could find and I recommended close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom