About to purchase... Please check my new AMD build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritzblitz

Baseband Member
Hi everyone.

I am probably going to purchase these parts very soon(next few days) and would like your input. Everything will be bought from newegg. This PC will be used for mainly gaming, not too much multi-tasking aside from having tons of browsers and other stuff running. I plan to overclock too. I will be playing games like BF2, unreal 2007, FEAR, oblivion, ect...

When I want to overclock I am planning on installing water cooling so I would appreciate your input on how well it will work with the case. I will be using a Danger Den setup.

A question about a hard drive- Will a 10k RPM increase the computers performance while gaming? Or will it just increase the speed of using explorer.

Edit: Can someone explain RAID to me? Why do people use it and what are the benefits of it?

I also plan to go with dual 7800GTX's eventually.

Here are the parts listed in no particular order. Please check everything out and give me your input on the compatibility and overclockability.

-NEC Black IDE DVD Burner

-Thermaltake XASER, Armor Series Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

-Western Digital Caviar SE 120GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

-Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

-ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

-G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

-eVGA 256-P2-N527-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

The total comes out to $2,196.08. I can probably go higher for a HD if the performance is increased.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance.

thats food. I don't know if you want to sli. Not a good performance price ratio, but if you have the money...

Also, I think RAID is used because it's just like having partitions: one for one OS and one for the other

i would say save that money that ur gunna spend on 2 7800GTXs and put it both towards an awesome Single solution like an ATI 1900XTX 512MB (which is available 2moro)
then ul have cash left over. then wen the nvidia 7900GTX comes out.

Flog the ati 1900XTX on ebay, get a couple of hundred dollars for it easy, add the cash from the savings for not gettin an SLI setup, add some more money and get the 7900GTX!

trust me SLI is not a good idea. waste money, and there will always be an awesome Single solution right around the corner.

BTW no disrespect to anyone whos got/thinkin of gettin SLI.

I dont agree with it. if we keep Advancing technology by buying another component and running them in parallel then before u know it.

we'll have CLI. Computer Link interface.

where u have 2 computers running in paralell. i dont think thats advancing technology, i think its just a lazy asses way of gettin better performance.

and theyre doin it again!! theyve just introduced Quad SLI. this is gettin silly now. lets bring on CLI and il buy an extra computer and run it in parallel with my other computer for "Double" performance.

Single solution is your friend! ;)

sorry i got carried away

adam02 said:
BTW no disrespect to anyone whos got/thinkin of gettin SLI.

Those of us who have large monitors using high resolutions beneifit from SLI. That is where it is a huge increase.

So 'anyone' is not at all correct. For someone with a 19in LCD running at a shitty 1280x1024, yeah, its a waste. But that isn't 'anyone'.

adam02 said:
i would say save that money that ur gunna spend on 2 7800GTXs and put it both towards an awesome Single solution like an ATI 1900XTX 512MB (which is available 2moro)
What on earth are you recommending :rolleyes: ? Your card will be top of the line but it is mroe cost effective to get the GT. Asides from that overall it looks good if you have the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom