About to pull the trigger on gaming PC

hfreckles

Beta member
So, this is actually the reason I stumbled to this website, I was looking for a new PC (for gaming). I'm thinking about getting the S&B sr970 and was wondering if anyone could tell me what if it would max out everything? And I mean EVERYTHING. I have a laptop that I use for work, I work for myself doing taxes and such for other small companies. Anyway, I also use this laptop to game, but I want to finally have something that was built for gaming.

I think I really like this PC and from what I understand it's pretty future proof which I like.

Any comments would be much appreciated! :)

-hall

Personally I think you could build one that would suit your needs for that price, and not skimp out on any gaming experience. If you willing to spend 2K plus on the first one... you can definitely build.

... and I'm pretty sure a few other might chime in here and say the same thing. :)

I pretty much have the same set up. Little more ram. Over 100 fps in bf4 on ultra. Dips in the 90s and even high 80s briefly when things are going crazy. That's 1920x1080 resolution

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Depends on your exact definition of MAX out, and what resolution. The 780ti can beast through any game maxed out with 0 AA at 1080p resolution. Once you start cranking the AA high on certain games you'll be begging for GPU power. If you go higher than 1080p you'll need 2 780ti cards for sufficient 60+ FPS.

Depends on your exact definition of MAX out, and what resolution. The 780ti can beast through any game maxed out with 0 AA at 1080p resolution. Once you start cranking the AA high on certain games you'll be begging for GPU power. If you go higher than 1080p you'll need 2 780ti cards for sufficient 60+ FPS.

Yes 60+ FPS is definitely what I'm looking for. By "max out" I really just mean highest settings on all games, and then some AA also but first and foremost the high settings.

Yes at 1080 no problem. Metro last always runs over 60 fps for me. Maxed out.

Both systems look good but a new thing being discovered with the game watch dogs is the need for video ram, some are having some issues even with the 780TI with the 3 gigs it has, I think building would be better and getting a VGA with higher ram, I've watch dogs is going the way of the next gen games I think more VRAM would be a good thing to get.

Dauntae

From what I've seen watchdogs is just horribly optimized for PC. It's an issue with the aa feature. I don't believe games are going to follow that trend. If the best gaming GPU can't push it at 1080...sum ting Wong lol

Back
Top Bottom