About Geforce 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Im very amazed of the new Geforce 8 cards mainly nthe 8800GTX and 8800GTS..But sad thing is, they are pricey for me..Is the Geforce 8 gonna have lower end cards too? (like 7300LE,7600..). So that I can have affordable gfx card that can support DX10?...

And also, does DX10 cards can run on WinXP? Its ok if it will run on DX9 only all I want is the upgradability..

I believe that nVidia will be releasing low end DX10 cards in January. DX10 is strictly Windows Vista, and will not work on XP, but regardless, the 8 series still provide extremely good performance on XP systems. I recently installed one, and the performance is amazing.

I dunno, they probably will but the prices of the other cards would have dropped by then and you may be able to purchase one..

Yes you need Vista to run Directx10, but you can still use a directx10 card in winxp running directx9..

0tz said:
Im very amazed of the new Geforce 8 cards mainly nthe 8800GTX and 8800GTS..But sad thing is, they are pricey for me..Is the Geforce 8 gonna have lower end cards too? (like 7300LE,7600..). So that I can have affordable gfx card that can support DX10?...

And also, does DX10 cards can run on WinXP? Its ok if it will run on DX9 only all I want is the upgradability..

No, this is the end of all low end cards, you HAVE to pay $600 for a video card now, no matter what, they aren't releasing low end cards ever again. These cards ONLY work in Windows Vista. Nvidia released them even though you can't use them in Windows XP and Vista isn't even released yet. :rolleyes:

Some facts:

1. All video cards from now on will cost more than $500.
2. You can't actually use them because when Vista comes out they'll be releasing cards that only work in Vista 2.0.
3. DirectX 10 is the almight power of the universe, everything revolves around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom