About to buy from newegg..

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the bill me later thing isn't working for me, I may have to use a credit card... but I guess that isn't bad since I decided to spend a little more (50 total) and get the x2 4200 and the GT KO Nos suggested. Thanks for the replies -_-

I won't be using this only for games, but yeah, that will be my main usage and I do need dual core, not single cuz it is better, and it's going to come in handy in the only game I'm really looking forward to...

"UT2007 Technical features and requirements
* Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance"

haha yeah i agree..u should get the 3800X2..its look pretty bad ***...also, i dont mean to steal ur thread or anything, but wat about geting an ATI card? im getting a build together pretty soon just like urs and was kinda wondering wat ATI card would match the 7900GT...

The Napster said:
no, im not kidding, dual cores do not handle games as well as single cores, and the lower end X2s especially wont handle them as well.
Like an oced X2 4400+ would match if not fall short of the proformance of a 64 3700+. But with his graphics card he shouldn't be able to tell that big of a difference. And on the other side single's dont handle regular apps like dual cores do, im not saying that he should switch cpus i am just saying if hes only wanting this pc for gaming he should lean more toward either i higher end X2 or a single. but thats just my opinion.
LAWL FUNNY
most games have updates that make them support dual core, like quake 4 made an update to suport ht/dual core, and BF2 uses it, and all the future games will support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom