About to buy from newegg.. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to Sakeri

... the bill me later thing isn't working for me, I may have to use a credit card... but I guess that isn't bad since I decided to spend a little more (50 total) and get the x2 4200 and the GT KO Nos suggested. Thanks for the replies -_-

Old 08-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hard Gay Nahalem! Fooo!
Send a message via AIM to NosBoost300

yes!! you'll love the gt ko.. you could oc it to gtx speeds easy as cake, i hope you love the system!

Current Build:
Intel 3770k @ 4.4 GHZ | Galaxy GTX 770 SLi | 16 GB G.Skill Sniper | ASrock z77 Extreme4
2xSamung 840pro 128GB in Raid | 2x1TB Seagate | Antec 750 Watt GamerSeries
Media Build:
Intel Core i3 3220 | Galaxy GTX 650 | 8 GB Corsair Vengeance | ASrock B75M | Samsung 840 120GB
Old 08-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to Sakeri

I won't be using this only for games, but yeah, that will be my main usage and I do need dual core, not single cuz it is better, and it's going to come in handy in the only game I'm really looking forward to...

"UT2007 Technical features and requirements
* Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance"
Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Fuxy_Muxy

haha yeah i agree..u should get the 3800X2..its look pretty bad ***...also, i dont mean to steal ur thread or anything, but wat about geting an ATI card? im getting a build together pretty soon just like urs and was kinda wondering wat ATI card would match the 7900GT...
play bf2142?
join Bloody Pandas!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to psp_crazy1

Originally posted by The Napster
no, im not kidding, dual cores do not handle games as well as single cores, and the lower end X2s especially wont handle them as well.
Like an oced X2 4400+ would match if not fall short of the proformance of a 64 3700+. But with his graphics card he shouldn't be able to tell that big of a difference. And on the other side single's dont handle regular apps like dual cores do, im not saying that he should switch cpus i am just saying if hes only wanting this pc for gaming he should lean more toward either i higher end X2 or a single. but thats just my opinion.
most games have updates that make them support dual core, like quake 4 made an update to suport ht/dual core, and BF2 uses it, and all the future games will support it.

AMD 4850 - e4300 / Tuniq
Gigabyte DS3 - Gskill NQ 2gb
WD 200gb - Hitachi 60gb
Ultra ATX wizard case - Xcilio 500 watt

Toshiba Satellite A305
Sony Vaio VGN-BX560B
Sony Vaio (P3, 256mb RAM)
Closed Thread