about to buy...any last suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

balance17

Solid State Member
looks good. If you had more money I would suggest the GTX :). But yea, that should run pretty much anything right now. I have the same DVD writer. Its pretty good and I have had no problems yet.

Do you plan on using SLI? If not, go for non-SLI DFI LanParty Ultra-D. Those can also be modded for SLI, but I don't know much about that. That's a kinda small HDD, do you not plan on doing much downloading or something?

Anyway, that's all the input I can give. Looks good.

k, first things first, get the DFI LP UT ULtra-D, no need to waste money for an SLI-DR, plus u can EASILY mod it to SLi later on. 2) with the money cut from the DFI sli-dr get an Opteron 165. 3) now that you chose the 165, get OCZ Gold PC4000 DDR500 2GB Duall Channel ram ( 500 because it would be easier to OC for a while without worrying about the ram). 4) get an Antec TruePowerII 550Watt, it has more wattage, and it has more amparage, the OCZ has only 1 rail. plus Antec is cheaper.

nice choice on the opteron 165. I assume you actually multi task and aren't just one of those guys who thinks it sounds cool.

Anyways the reason I said that is I used to be one of those guys, but The multi tasking I do is like playing a game and then hitting the windows key and sending some mail or something. I was going to get a 165 but now I'm just gonna get a single core one for like $170.
The other thing that stopped me was you're buying a dual core server processor. Now that sounds badass but isn't it just alittle overkill? Just something to think about.

that may be true if you're not gonna overclock....but it looks to me with the hardware that he bought, he's gonna wanna do some serious ocing, and that's what the 165 is good at.

I like your choices. However, I would suggest going with the DFI Ultra-D ($122.99). It can be modded to SLI.

See DFI-Street for a guide to the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom