abnormal cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
here's the problem, after playing a game for awhile, or after a long period of non use(hibernate), my cpu usage is well over 50%
this is with no applications running.
when checking the processes the most notable usage in ccapp.exe, its a norton file, (19000k)
but thats not much at all, and right now, 3 firefox windows are running 3 time as much as that 38,000k
i restart when i see this happening and that takes care of it, but it takes like 3 min to shut down
i do have alot of things in the startup menue, but they have always been running and ive never had this problem.
p.s.
new computer, and right now(normaly) the cpu runs at about 4%
im using speed fan, and when it comes out of hibernation, my temps are around 60 degrees celcius
that sucks, my computer is working harded during hibernation than it is when im using it.

any help?
thanks in advance

there might be some spyware hidden in your registry which is causing ur cpu usage with no applications running..try to remove any spyware and clean the registry, if that doesnt work then reformat

Try This

I know this can get frustrating but you just might have to delete some processes..... I had this problem with my Java engine. Every time i started up the computer it took up all of my ram and 88% of my cpu. I first deleted everything on my new HardDrive.. Didnt work, then I just reinstalled the program..... TaDa it was fixed. So basically just uninstall the program thats takin most of the cpu usage and mem usage. (use ctrl alt delete to see)
and reinstall it. I think it was an error from a corrupted file. Or even a virus, but this will most likely fix watever is wrong

Below is a program that will optmise your amt of ram in your comp
******an extra goodie i found***************
Ram Fixer @ download.com CLICK HERE

Misread da post

I misread your post... i thought you found which process was the problem

I would think that reformating your harddrive would work but im not sure. Try what the other guy above me said. Thats wat i would do at the moment. But it should still show you which process is hogging all of the cpu usage in the windows task manager when you find the process, if the user name of the process is not LOCAL SERVICE, SYSTEM, or NETWORK SERVICE dont mess with it unless you know exactly wat your termenating.

sorry, that was kinda confusing,
that .exe was just the one that was using up the most.
im running norton virus/ad aware, now, hope that will find it

crap :(
that didnt help, i would like not to have to reformat, but this is going on now any time the computer is not in use(overnight)
i get up the next morning to the sound of fans on full blast. and i dont want to shut down every night

google the specific program and see if you can delete it. Also maybe submit this problem to the OS and software forum many of the guys in there are wicked good with this sort of stuff.

yeah, thats a good idea: i think i will post this in there does it get much traffic? cuase this one's got me hung up.
royalk4, thanks for the reply, but i have googled the ones that are taking up the most processes, and most are needed, and there is nothing that is taking up so much to cause such a dramatic jump in cpu usage.
like i said in the morning ill get up check it, and the cpu usage is well over 50%, but when i went ot bed it was maybe using 4%
hmmm, thanks for the help guys, i hope someone will have the right idea soon, i dont want to shut down all the time to keep the stress off the cpu,
bye the way
this is an off the shelf gateway, less than 6 months old, and im not ocing.

go to start>run>type in msconfig>startup tab. then uncheck any proccesses that are not needed at startup...also try running a spyware cleaner program and reinstalling firefox cause i had that same problem a while ago, but now its fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom