Abit IP35-E question. IDE connections? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Abit IP35-E question. IDE connections?

So I just bought this new system and put it together last night:

Intel Core2Duo E6600 (2.4ghz@1066)
Abit IP35-E
Corsair Twin2x2048-6400 DDR2 800MHz
GeForce 7900GS 256MB DDR3
Antec 500W Earthwatts
Asus Silent Knight heatsink

So I get this beeping noise that just keeps beeping and my computer boots up, reboots once, and then sits at the "PRESS TAB TO SHOW POST" & "PRESS DEL TO ENTER SETUP" screen. I took one stick of RAM out and now it just keeps on rebooting over and over.

What causes this? I'm thinking the IDE cable?

I have only 1 IDE connection on this motherboard and I've never had a mobo with just one IDE connection. I'm used to having one cable for my CD-ROMs, and one cable for my HDs. So I threw my HD on the master, and CD-ROM on the slave and set the jumpers accordingly. That's what you're supposed to do, correct? I'm also using my old rounded IDE cables, instead of the ones they gave me in the box. Is this a factor possibly?

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Abit IP35-E question. IDE connections?

Hello gzonit,
Welcome to T.F.!!

I don't think it has anything to do with the IDE connections. It could be, that you have bad RAM. Have you tried both one at a time?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Abit IP35-E question. IDE connections?

I predicted that it might be ram initially, but no I did not try each individually. I only took one out and left the remaining stick in but did not try the opposite last night....I just went right to bed after that. So that may be our case, hopefully.

But with these new motherboards, you only have one IDE connection and the HD and CD-ROM are supposed to be connected to the same IDE connection, using your HD as master and CD-ROM as slave, correct? That's the only thing I was kind of unsure about...
Closed Thread