A8N or A8N32 Motherboard ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
View Poll Results: Is he annoying?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default A8N or A8N32 Motherboard ?

OK, now i can post this question up, because before I wasn't sure which video card to get but now I decided to go with Dual evga 7900GT. And now I need a board for that. I narrowed down my pick to those two boards. I didn't wanna go with DFI Lanparty because ppl say it's more complicated to setup for first time builders. And that's what I am, this will by my friest build. And I'll b runnig Amd X2 4400. So which one of these two ?

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

I say go with the Premium. I haven't seen any performance increases with the Deluxe. I'm pretty sure videocards don't need that much bandwidth...

Old 04-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I'd go with the 32, I don't think it would give any performance gain as of right now, but just for future, and such. Your onboard sound is gonna suck with both those options, so if you don't have a sound card, I'd seriously think about aquiring one. Plus the 32 looks cooler

You also have to consider what you'd get with that extra 50 bucks.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

The ASUS A8R32 MVP Crossfire 3200 Deluxe is better than both of them but depends if you want SLi or Crossfire (i personally prefer crossfire) and comes with the best onboard sound you can get. even with high definition sound!
Closed Thread