99% Memory used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
I have 2 gigs of ram - bios recognizes it, so does vista. Never had any problems with my memory

Task manager reports 99% of the 2gb being used, but adding up the processes on there is nothing more than 200mb, and even thats pushing it.

Virus, something else, or just some crazy unexplained error?

EDIT: it hovers around there.. .like right now its at 94% but before it was at 99% when i was copying files

....lol don't believe me?

i have adaware going now just to double check so its hogging the memory now... i'll post one in a few minutes

edit: i'll take one anyways... one sec (cause it still doesnt add up)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/tommyboy123x/memoryissue.jpg

Some of it will be that you have to take my word for it... adaware is kind of "stealing" from the mystery process, but as far as i can tell the processes on there don't add up to 2000mb or anything near that. I'll take anothing in a few seconds - i just shut down adaware. Before it was at aboutt he same % of memory usage w/o that process. No others were there.

no - look at my sidebar gauge - its in the red saying 95% full, and i've had this for a while and know its accurate.

also the resource monitor says xx% used physical memory.

its very possible its a registry error and windows is just reading it wrong if you can't add up the processes...I mean honestly windows task manager should notice every program that is running unless say if its a really good virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom