9800GX2 review is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..just wow, i got some maintance done to my jeep today and they....found some problems with it :(

Bye Bye GX2, i'll still think of you in my dreams :'(

Btw, wtf is cracking? i've never heard ANYONE say that, not here in canada, or in the states. Sounds like a saying that could only be pulled off in the UK, like "sodding"

I wasn't aware of the fact that the GTS is hamstung on 2 cards. BTW, 15000 on o6 was not at those resolutions and since I am a TF2 junky, it frankly, irrelevant to me. So, if money is no object and benching is your thing.....buy 3!!! Whatever opens your beer can!

i know urs wasnt run at 2560x1600, urs is defaulted 1280x1024..

and ur post has lost me.. and i didnt mean to come out rude.. i've just had a long day...

and this card can only run 2... lol... i may buy this card in a few weeks... since it is running better than the old benches.. and 1920x1200.. and this card.. crysis should finally run the way i want it to

i know urs wasnt run at 2560x1600, urs is defaulted 1280x1024..

and ur post has lost me.. and i didnt mean to come out rude.. i've just had a long day...

and this card can only run 2... lol... i may buy this card in a few weeks... since it is running better than the old benches.. and 1920x1200.. and this card.. crysis should finally run the way i want it to

if the drivers allow it too, didnt it have horrible FPS in the crysis benches?

Well, I was contemplating running a 3780 X2 for my new build, then SLI'ing 9600gt's, then this one, the 9800 X2. But for the price and performance, It's not worth it.

If real world results are like this on big reviews, and the price is about $200 MORE then a 3870 X2, this card won't do so hot. I'll be going to a 3870 X2. I haven't used an ATI since I had my 9800 back when HL2 came out.

Granted, it is the fastest and most BA card out there, it's about $200 more then it's competitor. And doesnt look like it provides $200 more in performance.

the 9800 is going to be the skippable gen. Its just nvidia making money off the people too stupid to research the products. Just wait until the next set of cards.

I wasn't aware of the fact that the GTS is hamstung on 2 cards. BTW, 15000 on o6 was not at those resolutions and since I am a TF2 junky, it frankly, irrelevant to me. So, if money is no object and benching is your thing.....buy 3!!! Whatever opens your beer can!

your GTS can Not run tri SLI even if you bought 3 cards.

but anyway, things are lookin a bit better. if they get that AA bug looked at i'll be getting one of these. but if im stuck not using AA it aint worth 700$. i love my AA. seeing jaggies makes me want to puke in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom