9800GX2 review is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
In just about five days the son of the 7950 GX2, Nvidia's GeForce 9800 GX2 will finally be released and, as it usually happens the benchmarks are about to be pouring in. The first in-detail benchmark of the upcoming dual-G92, dual-PCB card has now been posted and it offers an initial idea of what it is capable of.

Backed up by a system consisting of an Intel QX6850 CPU at 3.0 GHz and an Asus Striker II Formula mortherboard, and equipped with Windows Vista and the ForceWare 173.67 beta drive, the GeForce 9800 GX2 was put up against another dual-GPU card, the Radeon HD 3870 X2.

Although it didn't finish all the tests, probably due to a driver bug, the 9800 GX2 has managed to beat the Radeon in almost all benchmarks - 3DMark06, Half-Life 2 Episode Two, Unreal Tournament 3 and Call of Duty 4 at a 2560x1600 resolution and Company of Heroes, Call of Juarez and World in Conflict at 1920x1200.

In the Crysis test however, at a 1920x1200 resolution with AF0 (anisotropic filtering) the G92-powered card came out on top but scaled like heck and was slower than the 3870 X2 when the AF was set to 4. It would be interesting to see if the ForceWare 174.51 can bring the GeForce 9800 GX2's performance even higher but for now, this test will do, especially as the release date is so close. You can see all the pretty graphs with the results here.

Source
TechConnect Magazine - Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 in-depth test posted

Review
GeForce 9800 GX2 full review out - VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle Forum!

According to this review, it seems that 9800GX2 is now the best video card on the market!:)

I'm assuming that on the Crysis test their playing using all other settings at max?
Also, I think I'll have to crack open the bank for one of these ;)

fry's has them listed at 679 :p So take that however you like. But i wouldnt expect to see it under 600.

Also, i want to see this thing benched against 2 GTS512's in SLI. SLI on a stick ftl.

Also, i want to see this thing benched against 2 GTS512's in SLI. SLI on a stick ftl.

Considering that getting 2 GTS512's is cheaper.. I don't see the point of the GX2 unless you want the option of quad-sli, but realistically, not everybody can afford spending $1400 on the graphics component of their system... :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom