9800GX2 HDMI Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquidLord

Solid State Member
Hi! I got that PC built finally [from the First Time Building thread], and I have the 9800GX2 video card and the EVGA 780i mobo, I'd like to use HDMI, but i don't know where the cable plugs into on the mobo. Any ideas?

to use the hdmi of the 9800gx2, you have to either have a monitor capable of using the hdmi cable or buy an adapter. But the HDMI cable doesn't plug into the mobo but into the back of the card then to the monitor

the thing is tho where is the card drawing the audio from, if you have a sound card you need to plug the card into the sound card or the mobo i just dont know where. i do know there is an audio port on the cards themselves, near the power plugs.

ahhh i see what the question is... and I really dont have a good answer to that one lol

I thank you all for the answers, but to clarify, I have a sound system when using my monitor [5.1 Logitec speakers], but I intend use on my TV. It's a S/PDIF cable that goes from the card to the mobo [yes onboard sound, no extra PCI sound here].

I found the pins on the mobo, and I can get visual on my TV, but I get no sound, yet Windows recognizes that there is audio running through it. [fyi: Vista Ultimate x64]. I downloaded the alleged drivers for use with HDMI sound and this card, but nothing happened, and EVGA tech support has no idea wtf is going on either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom